- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 cups chicken stock (low-sodium)
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sour cream (for serving)
- chopped fresh chives (for serving)
- Add the butter to a medium sauté pan set over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions are translucent. Transfer the mixture to the KitchenAid® Torrent Magnetic Drive Blender.
- Add the chicken stock, pumpkin purée, nutmeg, turmeric, ginger, salt, and pepper to the blender. Select the “Soup” setting and blend until creamy.
- Pour the soup into a large stockpot set over medium-low heat. Whisk in the heavy cream and cook the soup, stirring occasionally, until it is warmed throughout. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Transfer the soup into bowls then garnish with sour cream and chopped fresh chives. Serve immediately.