Nothing like a Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup to brghten up your day. This Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup recipe also makes for a perfect childrens lunch. You will not be let down by this Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup recipe. Let us know your thoug…
ts in the comments below or give this Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup recipe a star rating so others can follow along! We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! It's incredible. We promise.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot (peeled and sliced)
- 400 grams potatoes (cut in small chunks)
- garlic powder
- fresh rosemary (minced)
- ground black pepper
- 400 milliliters milk
- 300 milliliters vegetable stock
- 25 milliliters white wine
- 80 grams gruyere cheese (grated)
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the shallot, potatoes, and a pinch each of garlic powder, rosemary, black pepper, and salt.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk and stock and cook until the potatoes are just cooked.
- Leave to cool and place in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return to the heat and cook on medium, adding the wine and cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese is completely melted.
- Season with salt and serve with a sprinkling of black pepper.
- May also be served with nutmeg croutons fried in butter.
|Calories290Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.