Light and fresh, this recipe for Creamy Pineapple Cake makes a great dessert during the warm spring and summer months. Featuring a thin layer of cake on the bottom, this cake crust is then topped with a whipped cream cheese layer with pineapple pieces suspended throughout. Delicately flavored with vanilla and lemon, the final touch of crushed pistachios sprinkled on top adds a lovely bit of crunch to this decadent and creamy summer fresh cake.
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 50 grams sugar
- 1/2 vanilla sugar (generous tbsp.)
- 60 grams flour
- 1/2 baking powder (generous tbsp.)
- 20 grams sugar
- 2 packets gelatin (plain)
- 250 milliliters milk
- 125 grams sugar
- 500 grams cream quark (may substitute ricotta)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla sugar (generous tbsp.)
- 2 lemon juice (generous tbsps.)
- 400 milliliters whipping cream
- 2 cans pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius.
- For the crust, beat the yolks, sugar, and vanilla sugar until fluffy. Mix the flour and baking powder together and stir into the egg yolk mixture. Beat the egg whites until peaks are formed and add sugar. Add to the yolk mixture.
- Press down into a springform pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the milk, sugar, and gelatin in a saucepan until dissolved. Mix the cheese with the egg yolks, vanilla sugar, and lemon juice. Add to the gelatin mixture.
- Whip the cream and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon half the mixture into the crust and top with the pineapple and the other half of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Garnish with pistachios.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1000Calories from Fat560|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat560|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.