Creamy Pea Soup with MintLa Cocina de Babel
Grandma is coming to visit and you need something hearty and delicious to serve for dinner. This Creamy Pea Soup with Mint is the perfect start to a decadent dinner. It takes 65 minutes to prepare and will warm up the dinner celebration. This succulent recipe combines sweet peas with savory bacon and fresh mint for a sensational soup. Add these ingredients to your next shopping list. You won't regret it.
- 250 grams dried split peas
- 150 grams bacon (or pancetta, diced)
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 1,200 milliliters vegetable stock
- 1 ham (small, bone)
- 1 bunch mint
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 1Soak the peas in cold water overnight.
- 2Wash and drain the peas and set aside.
- 3Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- 4Fry the bacon until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- 5Gently fry the onion in the same pan with the bacon fat until soft.
- 6Add the peas, stock, ham bone and some of the mint, saving some for later.
- 7Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 45 minutes. The peas should begin to break up as they soften.
- 8Adjust the seasoning, remove the mint stalks and ham bone.
- 9Add the remaining mint leaves, according to taste, and saving a little for garnish, and blend until smooth.
- 10Gently heat the bacon in the microwave and sprinkle onto the soup. Garnish with black pepper, remaining mint leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.