Grandma is coming to visit and you need something hearty and delicious to serve for dinner. This Creamy Pea Soup with Mint is the perfect start to a decadent dinner. It takes 65 minutes to prepare and will warm up the dinner celebration. This succulent recipe combines sweet peas with savory bacon and fresh mint for a sensational soup. Add these ingredients to your next shopping list. You won't regret it.
- 250 grams dried split peas
- 150 grams bacon (or pancetta, diced)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1,200 milliliters vegetable stock
- 1 ham (small, bone)
- 1 bunch mint
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Soak the peas in cold water overnight.
- Wash and drain the peas and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Fry the bacon until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Gently fry the onion in the same pan with the bacon fat until soft.
- Add the peas, stock, ham bone and some of the mint, saving some for later.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 45 minutes. The peas should begin to break up as they soften.
- Adjust the seasoning, remove the mint stalks and ham bone.
- Add the remaining mint leaves, according to taste, and saving a little for garnish, and blend until smooth.
- Gently heat the bacon in the microwave and sprinkle onto the soup. Garnish with black pepper, remaining mint leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil.
|Calories460Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.