- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 celery stick (diced)
- 14 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14 oz each)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 egg (lightly beaten)
- For the bolognese sauce, heat a large skillet on medium heat. Spray with no stick cooking spray. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 mins until softened. Add the carrot and celery and sauté for 5 mins. Increase heat to high. Add the ground beef and cook for 5 mins, stirring to break up any lumps, until browned. Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano and 1/2 cup water. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 12-13 mins until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add 3 tbsp melted butter and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease two 2 1/2 quart baking dishes.
- For the cream sauce, melt 5 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan on low heat. Add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add the milk; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook for 5 mins until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add nutmeg. Season to taste. Cool slightly then whisk in 1 beaten egg.
- Add 3 beaten eggs to the pasta; toss to coat. Spoon 1/2 of the pasta into prepared dishes. Cover with bolognese sauce; top with remaining pasta. Spoon cream sauce over the top to completely cover pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 mins until golden. Let stand 10 mins before serving.
|Calories290Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.