If you like mushrooms, you will love this recipe for Creamy Mushroom and Green Peppercorn Soup. It takes 40 minutes to prepare and has only 180 calories per serving. This recipe includes sliced cremini mushrooms, sliced button or any other combination of mushrooms, combined with vegetables with spicy ground green peppercorns. This is a perfect meal when you come in from spending time out in the cold. We hope you enjoy!
- 10 cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 10 button mushrooms (sliced, may use a combination of any mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- green peppercorns (ground)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 250 milliliters half and half
- fresh parsley (minced)
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Combine the butter and oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut the onion and carrot into thick pieces
- Remove half the mushrooms from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the onion, carrot, and salt to the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the water and allow to come to a boil and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes so that some of the liquid evaporates.
- Place the contents of the pan into the blender and blend to make a puree.
- Return the puree to the pan. Add the half and half, remaining mushrooms, bell pepper, and a few sprinkles of parsley.
- Allow to cook for 5 more minutes on medium heat so that the flavors blend.
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.