- 12 pounds boneless pork roast (lean)
- 3 pounds whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 67 ounces cream of chicken soup (condensed, reduced fat, reduced sodium)
- 3 1/3 cups sour cream
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 14 ounces green chiles (chopped, canned, undrained)
- 3/4 cup celery (minced)
- 3 cups green onions (chopped)
- 3 1/2 cups cilantro (chopped, divided)
- 25 ounces black beans (drained)
- 2 1/3 pounds monterey jack cheese (Mexican-style cheddar-, reduced fat, shredded)
- 3 cups red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup black olives (canned, sliced, drained)
- 6 1/2 cups tortilla chips (Nacho cheese flavored, crushed)
- Place roast on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Do not cover pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
- Roast at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- (Approximate oven time may vary depending on oven use, and weight of pork being cooked. Start checking with a thermometer an hour into cooking time.)
- Remove from oven and let the roast "rest" for 15 minutes.
- Place into a shallow pan.
- Cover and refrigerate, cooling to 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Cube chilled roast into approximately ½ by ½ inch cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Pour water into a large kettle and bring it to a boil.
- Add the noodles and bring it to a boil.
- Cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine the pork, soup, sour cream, milk, spices, chilies and celery
- Place a layer of noodles into a steam table pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle all of the green onions, 1 1/2 cups cilantro and black beans over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese.
- Top with a layer of noodles.
- Spread another 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with peppers and olives.
- Sprinkle another 1/3 of the cheese over the peppers and olives.
- Top with the remaining noodles.
- Spread the last 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a convection oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Uncover and sprinkle the last 1/3 of the cheese over the top. Top the cheese with 3 1/2 cups of crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.
- Garnish with remaining chopped cilantro or parsley and an additional sprinkle of remaining crushed tortilla chips depending upon student preferences.
- Place mixture in 2 inch shallow pans. Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow for air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40 degrees Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- Reheat product to 170 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for at least 1 minute. Stir gently to distribute heat evenly. Hold at 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to serve.