- 1 pound mild Italian sausage (or hot)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 3 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 16 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces fresh spinach (stems removed and coarsely chopped)
- 1 pint heavy cream (or half and half)
- grated parmesan cheese (Freshly, to preference)
- baguette (Optional: crusty)
PER SERVING *
|Calories870Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Meshea P. 13 days ago
definitely one of our new favs
Michele Alasa Emerson 10 Nov
Delicious and very flavorful!
Carri C. 8 Nov
I've made this several times. A hit in our home. I have substituted the Italian sausage with Italian sausage links and also used chicken. Both are great substitutes.
Cin 6 Nov
Delicious!! Followed the recipe - I would definitely put this on the menu for family events.
This soup was divine. Savoury, perfectly creamy and satisfying. I tweaked it a bit, added extra fennel seed and red pepper flakes to the sausage and deglazed the pot during the veggies with a little white wine. Loved this recipe! couldn't believe it was 30 mins start to finish.
Kelsey H. 18 May
Such a delicious dish! My sister made one similar around Christmas so I searched for a recipe and I have to say I liked this one better! Easy to follow with a fantastic outcome! Will now be a staple in my recipe collection :)
Mike 10 May
Use a spicy sausage, the heat makes it 5 Star ⭐️
Jenn B 15 Apr
This recipe is great!!! Will be making this again ASAP!!
Gato 22 Feb
Yummy! Used rainbow tortellini Cheese n bacon.. Johnsville Italian Basil sausage. Big hit for dinner very flavourful. Mmmmmm
Amber Everett 2 Jan
Great and easy soup. I will definitely make this again
Kevin R. 28 Dec 2017
Just made a triple batch for a family Christmas party and it was divine! Followed recipe to a tee and added a few dashes of crushed red pepper flake, served with fresh baguette slices. Not a drop left! Thanks for the awesome recipe.
Al b. 11 Dec 2017
Bit bland with all the cream (I used low fat). I added Maggi and chili flakes, which was much better. Also used 2,5 table spoons of Italian herbs instead of teaspoons. Served Spinach on yen side so you can add while you eat and it stays nice and fresh/crisp. Used beef sausage with mozzarella and served with brown Pistolet.