- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds powdered sugar (7 1/2 cups)
- DISSOLVE salt in milk.
- PLACE shortening, vanilla and milk mixture in medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer or flat beater of a stand up mixer while gradually adding powdered sugar on low speed. Once all the powdered sugar is incorporated, stop and scrape bowl with spatula.
- INCREASE mixer speed; beat until smooth and fluffy, 1 minute or less. If needed, add powdered sugar by the tablespoonful to thicken; or add milk to thin frosting, to achieve desired spreading consistency. Makes 4 cups.