Sometimes you just have to have something creamy and dreamy. This Creamy Cod Pie is a perfect way to satisfy that craving. It takes 80 minutes to prepare, so it may be a Sunday dinner dish. This recipe combines lightly salted cod fillets with rich and decadent ingredients to make a hearty dish that is perfect for a family dinner. We think you and your loved ones will enjoy this dish.
- 4 cod fillets (lightly salted)
- 800 grams potatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50 grams flour
- 40 grams butter
- 350 milliliters milk
- 150 milliliters cream
- ground black pepper
- ground nutmeg
- olive oil
- breadcrumbs (or grated Parmesan cheese)
- Place the cod fillets in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, remove skin and bones, and leave to cool on a plate. Keep the stock water.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into thin round slices and fry in plenty of hot oil until soft but not golden.
- Drain on paper towel. Season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Peel and cut the onions in rings. Peel and chop the garlic.
- Pour out most of the oil used to fry the potatoes and keep a little to fry the onions and garlic for a few minutes until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Gently melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and stir.
- Add 300 milliliters of the fish stock. Cook on low, stirring continuously, until it begins to thicken.
- Add the cream and milk, season with salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Continue to stir until it thickens.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease an oven tray. Place a layer of potatoes, onions and garlic to form a base.
- Place the cod fillets on top of the potatoes, cover with bechamel sauce, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
|Calories510Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.