- 200 grams unsweetened chocolate (55% cacao, broken into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- shredded coconut
- Mix chocolate, sugar, water and milk in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat immediately.
- Simmer over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool.
- To process in an ice cream maker, refrigerate mixture until very cold, at least 3 hours.
- Place mixture in ice cream maker canister and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove from machine about 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To process without ice cream maker, pour mixture into a metal or ceramic bowl and freeze.
- Stir with a fork every 30 minutes to break up ice crystals, until mixture is frozen.
- For the toasted coconut, toast shredded coconut in a dry skillet until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Serve ice cream sprinkled with toasted coconut.