- 6 slices bacon (chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled and sliced thin)
- 2 celery ribs (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth (I like the Pacific and Imagine box varieties)
- 2 red potatoes (large, cut into 1/2 inch dice)
- 3 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 scallions (chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mona W. 20 days ago
Amazing! I did not use thyme but added some Chile and Cayanne pepper 10/10 would definitely recommend
Kristel W. 25 days ago
Loved this! We made it exactly by the directions and I will definitely be making this again. Crowd pleaser!
Jessica T. 28 days ago
Needs more flavour. Had to do a log of changes
Allison M. 15 Oct
Awesome and easy! Great weeknight recipe
666 28 Mar
i used fresh thyme, turned out amazing! had it with turkey bacon avocado sandwhich. i made extra for freezing :)
Patti A. 9 Mar
turned out great !!!!!
Ann Lanier 11 Feb
My family loved it. Easy to make and makes good serving sizes
Mary 6 Dec 2017
It was awesome! The whole family loved it. I made a double batch and it’s gone :)
emily c. 13 Nov 2017
Very tasty! The only thing I added was corn.
MWC 7 Nov 2017
Very good the first time and for leftovers. I️ used a rotisserie just to speed up the process and it turned out great. I️ would maybe add some water or more broth next time as it was extremely thick (even for a stew).
Stacy C. 13 Jan 2017
One of our favorites! I start with butter because my husband doesn't eat bacon and add some canned corn.
Carsianny O. 13 Nov 2016
added some minced garlic and baby spinach, thinking of adding kale for another batch. definitely a winter staple for years to come.
Cindy W. 2 Sep 2016
Super delicious! Would definitely make again but wish could lighten it up a bit. Oh well just can't eat as much.