- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (chopped, 1 medium)
- 1 1/3 cups carrots (chopped, 3 carrots)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped celery (3 stalks)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 29 ounces chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
|Calories460Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lark 2 months ago
This was a wonderful rich and creamy chicken soup. Just what we needed for a cold and rainy night! This recipe is definitely a keeper!!! I will make it often.
Pritch P. 3 months ago
Deliciously creamy and oh so good! Very filling too!
Paul C. 5 months ago
Best chicken noodle soup I’ve had.
Cassandra Jackson 8 months ago
IT WAS AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!
Shanon P a year ago
This is scrumptious! It's just the right degree of creaminess without being heavy. The flavor is wonderful, and paired with crusty bread and a side salad makes a meal.
Murdock a year ago
Loved how this turned out! I doubled the recipe but only used 3 cans of broth instead of 4 and the consistency was perfect.
cora a year ago
This was one of my favorite soup that I made for my family this year .
Jennifer J. 2 years ago
Loved this creamy chicken soup, very tasty and creamy. Instead of egg noodles I put in gnocchi. So good but very heavy, fills you up too fast. Next time I'll make it with the egg noodles. I did do short cuts. The chicken was roasted chicken from the grocery store, which I shredded. So good.