Giving the chicken a brief marinade in a mixture of garlic, lemon juice, and salt will boost the flavor before cooking it with cream and curry powder in a streamlined version of the traditional dish. In fact, a high-quality curry powder, such as Madras, can replace the usual lengthy list of spices to make other types of curries. If desired, you could swap out the cream and use coconut milk instead, for a more classic flavor profile.
- 3 chicken breasts (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 200 milliliters cream (carton)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Combine the chicken with the garlic, salt, and a little lemon juice. Set aside.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and fry.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream and curry powder in a bowl. Once the chicken is browned and nearly finished cooking, add the cream. Mix well and simmer.
- Serve with white rice.