- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pound potatoes (peeled, chopped)
- 1 3/4 cups salt (reduced chicken stock)
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Cook onion for 5 minutes, until soft. Add potato, stock and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes, until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add broccoli and peas and cook for 5 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), blend soup until smooth.
- Stir in milk and season to taste. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with a spoonful of sour cream and stir to create a swirl. Serve.