Creamy Broccoli and ChickenAs receitas lá de casa
Baked casseroles are ideal for family style meals, and here's another one to add to your regular rotation. This recipe makes good use of frozen broccoli that is briefly blanched to heat through (avoid overcooking) and boneless chicken breast meat, with fresh mushrooms (if desired) and a simple sauce of mustard whisked with cream to bind the ingredients in the baking dish. Sliced almonds make a crunchy topping. Round out the meal with cooked rice.
- 1 package frozen broccoli
- 1 onions (small, chopped)
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 3 chicken breasts (cubed)
- fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 milliliters cream
- almonds (sliced)
- Emmenthal (grated)
- 1Cook broccoli in boiling water until al dente.
- 2Place onion in a pan with a tablespoon of water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Remove lid and cook until water evaporates completely. Add a drizzle of olive oil and sliced garlic cloves.
- 4Add chicken breasts and simmer.
- 5Add mushrooms to pan and season to taste.
- 6When mushrooms and chicken are done, add broccoli and mix carefully.
- 7Place mixture in a rectangular glass baking dish.
- 8In a bowl, mix cream with mustard and spread evenly over chicken mixture.
- 9Sprinkle with flaked almonds and cheese.
- 10Broil in preheated oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, watching carefully. Serve with rice, if desired.