Baked casseroles are ideal for family style meals, and here's another one to add to your regular rotation. This recipe makes good use of frozen broccoli that is briefly blanched to heat through (avoid overcooking) and boneless chicken breast meat, w…
th fresh mushrooms (if desired) and a simple sauce of mustard whisked with cream to bind the ingredients in the baking dish. Sliced almonds make a crunchy topping. Round out the meal with cooked rice.
- 1 package frozen broccoli
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 3 chicken breasts (cubed)
- fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 milliliters cream
- almonds (sliced)
- Emmental cheese (grated)
- Cook broccoli in boiling water until al dente.
- Place onion in a pan with a tablespoon of water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook until water evaporates completely. Add a drizzle of olive oil and sliced garlic cloves.
- Add chicken breasts and simmer.
- Add mushrooms to pan and season to taste.
- When mushrooms and chicken are done, add broccoli and mix carefully.
- Place mixture in a rectangular glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix cream with mustard and spread evenly over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds and cheese.
- Broil in preheated oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, watching carefully. Serve with rice, if desired.