- 6 zucchini (medium-large)
- 1 garlic clove (small)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (or blanched almonds)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 avocados (medium ripe, pitted)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Adriana Rivadeneira 6 Sep
A bit bland but I sautéed some mushrooms and added them for protein and taste
Kate 9 Jul
Personally, I love this! I’m not one to add sugar, salt, or many spices to most of my meals, so this was a hit for me! Others who tried it did say it was a bit bland though. I would recommend it for anyone whose taste buds are use to not so strong flavors! A healthy option though!
Hello Brenda! 2 May
Easy to make and very healthy, however it does taste a bit bland and I’m not sure what one would add. But if you’re in the mood for something healthy and simple this is an excellent choice!
Lyn 19 Dec 2017
Turned out well. This is my second vegan meal from this app.
Rebecca Colborne 26 Jul 2017
Super quick, easy, and yummy! Perfect for a hot night-no oven!
Minda C. 2 Jul 2016
Did not work for me. I love avocado, I love zoodles, and I love pesto so I immediately thought I would love this dish. But the avocado on soft slippery zoodles was just toooooooo oozy-creamy in my palate. I tried to add more pesto to cut in more flavor, if not more texture to the dish, but it did not help me who prefer lots of texture in my food. I may try the avocado pesto on crunchier veggie noodles and top my zoodles with chunkier veggie sauces.
Aren G. 14 Oct 2015
Just did it with brown rice pasta and already had some home made Pesto. Turned out delicious! Would do again.