- pastry for single crust pie
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion (small, or leek, thinly sliced, about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. In 9-inch pie plate, arrange crust. With fork, pierce bottom of crust. Bake on heated cookie sheet 15 minutes or until golden; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus and cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Turn into pie plate, then evenly top with cheese.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, blend Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Canola Cholesterol Free Mayonnaise, eggs, mustard and pepper. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth; pour into pie plate. Bake, on heated cookie sheet, on lower rack in oven, 25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.