I love broccoli (and I also love soup, especially when I feel under the weather) so broccoli soup - why not? This is another super, simple but delicious recipe that you can whip up in no time. If you're feeling unwell, this is especially good as broccoli is packed with vitamins, minerals and iron to give you a boost! This recipe will serve 1 as a large soup for lunch or dinner, or serve two as a starter.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 vegetable stock (cube)
- 500 milliliters water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cream (to drizzle, optional)
- Cut the broccoli into small florets (this way they cook and blend more easily) and remove any leaves.
- Make up the vegetable stock cube in a jug of 500ml of boiled water.
- Add the vegetable stock to a narrow saucepan and add the broccoli florets. Add the garlic, olive oil and salt and place on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- After this time, use a hand-blender in the pan (or transfer to a food processor) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve up in bowls and add cream and/or cheese to taste, and enjoy!