Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Creamed Codfish is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping…
so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 300 grams unsalted cod
- 300 grams potato
- 2 onions
- 50 grams flour
- 50 grams butter
- 1 liter 2% milk
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- chili (optional)
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- In a pan, heat plenty of olive oil and sauté potatoes.
- Drain potatoes on paper towel and set aside.
- Peel onion and cut into julienne strips and sauté in olive oil.
- When onion is cooked, shred boneless, skinless cod and add to pan.
- Sauté briefly and set aside.
- For the cream sauce, melt butter in a small skillet over low heat, add flour and fry briefly, then whisk in milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Tip: If sauce is lumpy, smooth out in the blender.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Simmer over low heat until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- In a baking dish, arrange a layer of potatoes in the bottom of dish, then add a layer of cod and onion.
- For the final layer, evenly spread white sauce. If desired, add chile pepper to the layer of cod loin and onion.
- For best results, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, bake at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 10-15 minutes.