Cauliflower is a mild vegetable that can take on many different flavors to work well in a variety of recipes. In this recipe, the cauliflower is sauteed with garlic then pureed into a smooth cream. This cauliflower cream is the base for tender jumbo shrimp. The shrimp are cooked in a truffle-infused oil which gives them a savory and bold flavor that works perfectly with the cauliflower. Earthy pine nuts add a little bit of crunch, a final drizzle of truffle oil and a sprinkle of oregano are finishing touches.
- 1 cauliflower head
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 16 jumbo shrimp
- 1 truffle
- pine nuts
- Break the cauliflower into florets and boil in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain the cauliflower and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil to a skillet heated on low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes.
- Cover with chicken stock and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Use a hand mixer or immersion blender and puree until smooth.
- In a small container, grate half a truffle and add a small amount of oil. Set aside for 20 minutes until aromatic
- In a skillet on medium heat add 1 tbsp. of oil. Saute the pine nuts and shrimp.
- Plate with the shrimp and pine nuts on top of the creamed cauliflower with a few drops of truffle oil.
|Calories220Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.