Cream of Zucchini, Lemon and ThymeOn dine chez Nanou
If you want to make a flavorful soup to start off the family dinner, then try this recipe for Cream of Zucchini, Lemon and Thyme. It is aromatic, hearty, and healthy. The smell of this soup wafting from the kitchen is enough to bring the entire family to the dinner party. Who can resist a creamy and dreamy soup to warm them up after playing outside in the cold? Enjoy!
- 4 zucchini
- 80 grams white onion
- 1/3 lemon
- 5 grams butter
- reduced fat milk (20 cl.)
- 100 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Peel the zucchinis, cut them into cubes, and blanch them in boiling water. When they are tender, drain them and put them in a blender. Keep the zucchini cooking water for later.
- 2Chop the onion. Peel the lemon and finely dice the flesh.
- 3Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onions with a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of the zucchini water over low heat. Cover to soften the onions. Pour the milk over the onions and simmer.
- 4Once the milk has heated through, pour the contents of the saucepan into the blender. Add the grated parmesan cheese and 2 teaspoons of salt. Add a little water or milk if the soup is too thick. Blend for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 5Ladle the soup into small bowls. Add diced lemon, thyme leaves, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a little pepper to each bowl and enjoy.