The base of this vibrant spinach soup is a rich and creamy bechamel sauce. A little bit of nutmeg adds a surprising it of flavor to the soup and perfectly complements the cheese that is blended into the soup. You only need 9 ingredients and 25 minutes to make, so it is perfect for when you are rushed for time or don't want to spend all night preparing a meal.
- 600 grams spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour (sifted)
- 750 milliliters milk (heated)
- ground black pepper
- 2 cheese slices
- Boil the spinach in plenty of salted water for 5 minutes.
- Separately, in a saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the sifted flour until there are no lumps. Then add the hot milk little by little until reaching a sauce-like consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Blend the spinach, bechamel sauce, and cheese slices together. If it seems too thick, add some milk until reaching a soup-like consistency.
- Serve garnished with croutons.