Cream of Roasted Tomato SoupLa Cocina de Babel
A warm bowl of soup is just what is needed on a cold winter day. This cream of roasted tomato soup is a must make during the cold months. Featuring roasted onion, tomato, and chile peppers, this soup has a slightly smoky flavor. Made with cream cheese, this soup is wonderfully creamy and has a rich and luxuriously thick texture. Garnish with cilantro and a lime wedge for added flavor and appeal.
- 1/2 kilogram tomatoes (different varieties, halved)
- 1/2 onions (peeled and whole)
- 1 red chili peppers (seeded, optional)
- olive oil (drizzle)
- 100 grams cream cheese
- ground black pepper
- 250 milliliters chicken stock
- cilantro (for garnish)
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scatter the top with the halved tomatoes cut-side up, onion, and chili pepper.
- 3Drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle some sugar over the tomatoes only.
- 4Roast 20 minutes or until softened. Let cool a bit then peel the tomatoes and chili pepper.
- 5Add the tomatoes, chili, and onion into a food processor with the juices from the pan. Blend until smooth.
- 6Add in the cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Blend again.
- 7Add in the stock until reaching your desired consistency for the soup.
- 8Serve garnished with cilantro leaves on top and a wedge of lime.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.