This recipe for Cream of Orujo, Mascarpone, and Coffee Jelly Cheesecake is sure to impress. Orujo is a pomace brandy originating in northern Spain. Flavored with this pomace brandy, the mascarpone cream filling sits atop a graham cracker crust. Topped with a rich coffee jelly, this cheesecake is full of rich flavors and has a wonderfully creamy texture. No baking required for this tasty cheesecake. This recipe is a bit time consuming as each element of the cheesecake requires time to chill in the refrigerator.
- 12 graham crackers
- 75 grams butter
- 7 gelatin
- 15 milliliters milk
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- 100 milliliters cream
- 115 grams sugar
- 6 ounces greek yogurt
- 250 milliliters whipping cream
- 125 milliliters water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Crush the graham crackers in the blender until they become a fine powder.
- In a bowl, add the crackers to the melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Place the cracker and butter mix in the baking pan. Press down to create the pie crust. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to solidify.
- Hydrate 5 sheets of gelatin in cold water for about 4 minutes. To dissolve, put the milk in a cup, add the gelatin, and stir until they dissolve.
- In another bowl, mix the Mascarpone cheese, liqueur, 100 gr. sugar, yogurt, and dissolved gelatin. Mix well.
- Whip the cream in a cold bowl.
- Add the cheese mixture to the whipped cream.
- Fold the cream into the batter using a rubber spatula to keep it light.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and pour the cream on top of the crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In a pan, place the water, remaining sugar, and instant coffee. Heat until the sugar has dissolved and remove from the stove. Add the previously hydrated leaf gelatin, stir until it dissolves and let the mixture cool.
- Pour on top of the cheesecake and place back in the refrigerator for another hour to solidify the jelly.
|Calories790Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.