Cream of Mushroom Soup with Wild RiceMARMITA
Cream of mushroom soup is an old-fashioned favorite, is what went into many a casserole or soup back in the day. But rather than buy the famous can of soup, make it from scratch, using fresh mushrooms and with potato and wild rice added for more heft. And in case there's any confusion with the 1970s version, this soup is garnished with up to date balsamic vinegar cream (or crema) and beet sprouts.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 leek (white part, sliced)
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- 1 medium potato (diced)
- 320 grams fresh mushrooms (halved)
- 60 mL milk
- water (to taste)
- 60 grams wild rice
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- mustard (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. balsamic vinegar cream
- sprouts (beet)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the leek and onion, and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the diced potatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the halved mushrooms and sauté for 5 more minutes.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes