All the taste of a quiche without the crust, this egg casserole featuring bacon, leeks, and mushrooms is perfect for breakfast or as a side dish at dinner. 20 minutes of prep and 30 minutes and the oven will leave you with a savory dish that is sure to please. Gluten free. Can easily be vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 200 grams fresh mushrooms (washed, dried, and quartered)
- 1 leeks (large or 2 small, finely sliced)
- 5 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a baking pan with a touch of olive oil. Set it aside.
- Over a medium flame, heat the skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Once it is hot, add the garlic and mushrooms. Leave them to simmer, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms start to shrink.
- Add the leeks and season with a pinch of salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in a bowl, season them with salt and pepper, and whisk them. Then add the cream of mushroom and stir well.
- Remove the mushrooms and leeks from the heat and transfer them to the baking pan. Cover them with the mixture of eggs and cream of mushroom. Layer the mix with the slices of bacon.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or reheat to serve later.
|Calories460Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.