- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 head celery (chopped)
- 1 baking potato (small, peeled and chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat (fresh, picked over to remove cartilage)
- fronds (Dill, for garnish)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and potato and cook, stirring often, for 15 mins. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the Parmesan into four piles on the parchment paper, spacing well apart. Bake for 8-10 mins until golden. Remove to a wire rack and cool.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to the saucepan, then stir in the cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Warm through, stirring often. Divide among four bowls, garnish with the crabmeat and dill and serve with the Parmesan crisps.
|Calories330Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Halimah D. 4 Feb 2016
this soup was excellent however I did add a couple dashes of curry powder and old bay, no need for salt and pepper. it came out perfectly I will be making this again but in a larger batch I wanted to eat the entire pot, lol