- 7 ounces asparagus (woody ends removed and reserved)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 7 ounces salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh dill (little set aside for garnish, remainder finely chopped)
- In a saucepan, bring the asparagus ends and 4 cups water to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins. Drain, reserving the cooking water and discarding the asparagus ends. In a separate saucepan, cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 5 mins. Drain and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the vinegar and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the salmon and cook for 7 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon and cut into bite-sized pieces. Keep warm.
- Set aside the asparagus tips and place the remaining asparagus in a blender along with the cooking water. Purée, then pass through a sieve.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for 2 mins, stirring. Pour in the milk, cream and puréed asparagus, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 mins. Season to taste and add a pinch of sugar and a dash of lemon juice. Add the asparagus tips.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls and add the salmon chunks. Sprinkle with chopped dill and garnish with dill sprigs.
|Calories300Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.