Make a statement with this dessert! The unique look will draw your guests attention and will surely be the starter of many conversations. Next time you want to create a stir at a party, bring this along. Not only will they be a hit for the way they look, their creamy insides and crisp outsides will please everyone who tries one.
- 300 grams flour
- 250 milliliters milk
- 200 milliliters water
- 8 eggs
- 180 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 800 grams whipping cream
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 200 grams white chocolate
- whipped cream stabilizer
- 100 grams sugar
- puff pastry
- Prepare the filling a day ahead by dividing the cream into two equally sized portions. Place one of the portions into a saucepan until it comes to a boil. remove from heat and stir in the white chocolate. Stir until completely combined and set aside. Repeat with the other portion of cream and the dark chocolate. Refrigerate both cream mixtures.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Prepare the dough by placing the milk, water, butter, sugar, and salt into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add the flour and stir well until a dough is formed. Add the eggs, one by one, mixing well to incorporate.
- Fill a pastry sleeve with the dough. Form walnut-sized mounds of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place into the oven, lower the temperature to 180 C and bake until slightly golden.
- For the base, cut the puff pastry into a circle. Prick with a fork and place onto a baking sheet. Cover with another baking sheet to prevent it from rising excessively. Bake until golden.
- Place the sugar into a saucepan and stir on low heat until a caramel sauce is formed.
- Remove the fillings from the refrigerator and stir in the stabilizer.
- For assembly, pour a little caramel sauce onto a serving platter and place the puffed pastry on top. Fill half the cream puffs with the white chocolate and the other half with the dark.
- Place the cream puffs on the puff pastry in a pyramid shape, using the caramel sauce to hold each in its place. Drizzle with caramel sauce to decorate.