Cream Cheese and Tropical Fruit Tart with Spiced CrustOn dine chez Nanou
This recipe for Cream Cheese and Exotic Fruits Light Pie with a Speculoos Dough combines all the sweetness of pineapple, mango, and pomegranates with the richness of cream cheese, and wrapped up in a flaky and buttery crust make of speculoos cookies. These sweet treats are perfect palate pleasers for a fun and fesstive dinner celebration with friends and family. Be sure to pick up the ingredents today. We hope you love them as much as we do. Happy baking!
- 125 grams butter (softened)
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 40 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 eggs (beat an egg in a bowl and take half)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250 grams flour
- 10 grams whole milk
- 8 grams gelatin
- 200 grams cream (fresh, + 1 tablespoon)
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- 200 grams cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons syrup (I used lychee but you can use cane syrup)
- 1 pineapple
- 1 mango
- 1 pomegranate
- mint leaves
- 1Combine the butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until it becomes a smooth paste. Add the 1/2 egg, cinnamon, and the flour. Finish by adding the milk and mix it to create a smooth dough.
- 2Wrap it in platic wrap and chilll in the refrigerator for 1 hour minimum.
- 3Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Preheat the oven to 338 ° F. Place the dough in a tart mold and cook it for 15 min. Let it cool.
- 4Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water. Whip the cream and powdered sugar until soft, but not the consistency of whipped cream. Heat the syrup with a tablepoon of cream in the microwave, squeeze the gelatin and add it to the warm liquid to dissolve it, mix quickly with a fork (it is important that the mixture is well heated in order to melt the gelatin). Incorporate this mixture quickly in the softened cream cheese, then add the whipped cream gently with a spatula. Pour the cream over the dough, smooth the surface and keep it in the fridge for an hour. (to prevent your pie crust from getting soggy you can brush it with melted white chocolate, but this is not necessary)
- 5Cut the pineapple into very small cubes and cut the mango into balls using a melon baller, if you don't have a melon baller you can cut it into cubes. Shortly before serving (max 1 hour) place the pineapple cubes to make a large outer circle, then finish with the mango. Put a circle of pomegranate seeds between the pineapple and mango, place some mint leaves in the center of the tart.