- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (trimmed of visible fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons butter oil
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (to 3 melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a small skillet, sweat the onions over medium-low heat in the butter or olive oil until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In another skillet, sauté the bacon over low heat until soft and the fat is beginning to render out, but don’t allow it to brown. Remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper and evenly pound to 1/4-inch thickness, either with the smooth side of a meat mallet or a small, heavy pan. Season on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Stir the onion and garlic into the cream cheese until well blended; divide evenly between the chicken by placing a dollop in the center of each breast. Roll or fold the chicken around the cream cheese mixture, tucking the ends under and securing with toothpicks. Sprinkle the tarragon evenly over the chicken packages, and wrap each with a piece of bacon. Place in an 8″x11″ baking dish and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done, the bacon is browned and the cream cheese is heated all the way through. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.