Cranberry, Vanilla, and Nutmeg MuffinsReceitas Da Felicidade!
When making muffins, it's important to beat the butter with the sugar thoroughly, as this is what helps determine the structure of the batter. The creamier, the better it will be to take on the flavorings and also the dry ingredients for an airy, tender crumb after baking. So don't rush this step. After that, add the eggs one at a time, beating until fully incorporated before adding the next, again to ensure best results. Dried cranberries give these muffins welcome tartness and chewy texture.
- 200 grams sugar
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 356°F.
- 2Beat the sugar with the butter until creamy.
- 3Gradually add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- 4Add the vanilla extract.
- 5Add the flour, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and baking powder to the egg mixture and beat to a smooth and batter.
- 6Add the dried cranberries and mix.
- 7Divide the dough into the muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 16 minutes (check with a toothpick).
- 8Remove from oven, let cool and unmold.