Cranberry-hazelnut BiscottiOn dine chez Nanou
Biscottis are a crunchy and delicious treat that are perfect paired with coffee or tea for an afternoon snack. This recipe for Cranberry-Hazelnut Biscotti is sweet, salty, and savory. Each serving is only 110 calories, so you don't have to worry about your waistline with these treats. This recipe takes 65 minutes to prepare makes 30 treats, so you will have enough to share with friends. This recipe combines the sweetness of fruit with the saltiness of nuts for a powerful flavor punch.
- 130 grams all-purpose flour
- 80 grams corn flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 120 milliliters olive oil
- 120 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 orange (organic)
- 75 grams dried cranberries (chopped)
- 75 grams ground hazelnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the two flours and the baking powder.
- 3In another bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs, olive oil, sugar, salt, and zest for 3 or 4 minutes at high speed until the mixture whitens.
- 4Add the flour mixture and keep beating until the dough becomes more sticky.
- 5Stir in the hazelnuts and cranberries.
- 6In a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the dough to achieve a form a rectangle 30-35 cm by 10-12 cm .
- 7Bake for 20 or 25 minutes until golden on top and a little more brown in the edges.
- 8Take the dough out of the oven and let cool for 15 minutes .
- 9Move the dough gently onto a cutting board.
- 10Lower the oven temperature to 150 C.
- 11Cut the dough into 2 cm slices.
- 12Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them again for 15 to 20 minutes until the dough hardens and becomes a little more crispy.
- 13Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- 14Cookies can be kept for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
PER SERVING *
|Calories110Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.