- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter (melted)
- 5 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 2/3 cups pumpkin purée
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tangerine
- 1/2 tangerine
- 4 1/8 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- turbinado (for sprinkling on top of the loaves)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease two loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and the eggs. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and sugar. Stir the tangerine zest and fresh tangerine juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and fold until combined thoroughly.
- Gently add the cranberries and walnuts (do not pop the cranberries) evenly throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter between the 2 loaf pans and sprinkle the top of each loaf with the Turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the loaf.