- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast (or turkey breast, skin removed and discarded)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (sweetened)
- Assemble the KitchenAid® Food Grinder Attachment with the coarse plate, and attach it to the power hub of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Place a medium bowl under the Food Grinder Attachment to collect the chicken as it is extruded.
- Place all the ingredients form the chicken to the thyme in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Set the speed of the Stand Mixer to 4 and grind the seasoned poultry by passing it through the grinder, using the plunger to pass the meat through as needed.
- Fold in the vinegar and cranberries. Then divide and shape the ground meat into 16 one-inch sized balls. Then flatten them to form a small disc.
- To cook the sausage, either bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 15 to 18 minutes in two batches on baking sheets lined with aluminum foil, until they are golden brown and slightly charred. Alternatively, fry the sausage in batches in cast-iron or stainless-steel skillet at medium-high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes until they are golden brown. Serve immediately.
|Calories290Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.