Tart cranberries, zesty citrus, crunchy walnuts, and a touch of spice make this bread a keeper, and one you'll be making well beyond the holiday season! The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 orange (large, zested)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. allspice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (heaping, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, use a mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until smooth and combined, 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat for a minute longer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the sour cream, orange juice, and orange zest. Continue to beat on medium-high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until fully incorporated.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories320Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes