These cracker are a variation of the traditional Armenian flatbread lavash. Made with black and white sesame seeds, these crackers have an attractive finish. These crackers are made with a blend of plain and whole wheat flour for a rich multigrain flavor. Seasoned with fresh oregano and sea salt these crackers are the perfect accompaniment to a cheese plate on a wine night. Bake time is 15 to 18 minutes. The crackers will keep for up to a week.
- 125 grams flour
- 50 grams whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons white sesame seeds (black and/or)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 milliliters olive oil (+ a little extra for brushing)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 100 milliliters water
- sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 165C.
- Line a baking tray.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl, except the sea salt.
- Mix in the oils and water and form into a dough ball. Add more water as necessary, a drop at a time, to ensure the flour is completely blended in and the dough is ready.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and shape into a very thin rectangle with a rolling pin.
- Spread the dough onto a baking tray. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cut the dough into rectangles 35 x 15 cm.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes or until firm to the touch and the outsides are slightly darkened.
- This bread can be flavored with any type of seeds, herbs or spices, and may be stored in a metal container for up to 1 week.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.