- 1 1/2 cups large shrimp (cleaned, peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups crab meat (fresh)
- 1 zest (and juice of lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno (deseeded and minced)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg (lightly whisked)
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup seafood seasoning (A good friend from New Orleans gifted us with River Road seasonings!)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 cup grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- garlic (Dried, Amir had Garlic Gold Nuggets in the back of his pantry!)
- In a large bowl, carefully mix all of the ingredients except the breadcrumbs, seafood seasoning and butter. Form into 8 patties and set on a baking sheet. Chill for an hour.
- Once chilled, cover all sides of the patties with bread crumbs and lay on a separate baking sheet. Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, flipping once.
- If desired, top with a bit of butter and set the burgers onto a vegetable grill basket. Heat for 1-2 minutes on a preheated grill just for flavor and a little color. Serve on warm buns.
- Cook the grits according to the package directions. Stir in the cheese and salt just before removing from heat.
- Carefully pour the hot grits into a large, shallow plastic container. Allow the grits to cool down to room temperature. Cover, then chill overnight.
- When ready, overturn the grits onto a large cutting board and cut into 1/2″ wide pieces. Lay them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until browned. Flip them once to brown all sides.
PER SERVING *
|Calories560Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.