- 1 corn-on-the-cob (kernels removed, about 3/4 cup kernels)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 small carrot (coarsely grated)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus additional leaves to serve)
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 6 ounces crabmeat (drained)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- vegetable oil (to shallow-fry)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce leaves (baby, separated, to serve)
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- Place corn, eggs, carrot, cilantro, flour, crabmeat and fish sauce in a medium bowl; stir well to combine.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet on medium-high heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Place tablespoons of crab mixture into skillet; cook, in batches, for 2-3 mins on each side or until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels.
- Serve warm in lettuce leaves, topped with sweet chili sauce and additional cilantro leaves.