- 2 1/4 pounds crab (clusters, steamed in water)
- 15 shrimp (large raw, shelled and rough cut, approx 1/2 lb)
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 onion (medium, diced)
- 1/2 pepper (diced, any color)
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces white corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley (rough)
- salt (/pepper to taste)
|Calories410Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mark D. 28 days ago
Yes, it’s legit. I used 2%milk because didn’t have skim. Used imitation crab and was just fine. Delicious with cornbread. Kids ate it.
Dawn Noury-Sokolosky 27 Mar 2018
My husband lived in Maryland for a number years and he loves his crab and Old Bay! He absolutely loved this soup! It wasnt hard to make. And we had some left over for the next day. He said a restaurant could get 15$ a bowl for this.
Angela 5 Dec 2017
Delicious! BUT....I made a few modifications. I minimized the corn, and added celery, diced potatoes and carrots, extra heavy cream and regular milk.
Peter G. 17 Mar 2016
Excellent soup but labor intensive if you shell the crabs yourself. Next time I'll buy pre-shelled crab meat.
Gwenn B. 28 Aug 2015
The only thing I changed was I used real crab meat in a can and frozen corn. It was superb! Everyone here loved it and wanted the recipe. I'm so glad it made such a large amount. I will definitely make it again and again!