- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 celery ribs (diced)
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (small, diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat (fresh, drained)
- 1 cup panko
- 42 ounces catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- table salt
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- cajun remoulade
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in lemon juice and next 2 ingredients, and cook 1 minute. Gently stir in crabmeat, breadcrumbs, and, if desired, additional Cajun seasoning and hot sauce. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 425°. Butterfly catfish fillets by making a lengthwise cut in 1 side, carefully cutting to but not through the opposite side; unfold fillets.
- Spoon crab mixture down center of 1 side of each butterflied fillet; fold opposite side over filling. Brush fillets with olive oil; sprinkle with paprika and desired amount of salt and pepper. Place fillets on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with Cajun Rémoulade.
|Calories470Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cyndee L. 2 Sep 2017
Amazing! My husband and I had fun making and eating it.