Switch up your lunch routine and treat yourself to something tasty. Proving that not all soufflés have to be sweet, this recipe for Crab Soufflé is full of delicious savory flavor. Creamy, cheesy, and perfectly seasoned, this crab souffle has a love…
y light texture. Recipe ingredient list and instructions include directions for a radish and leafy greens salad with toasted hazelnuts and a light vinaigrette to serve as the perfect side to this fluffy Crab Soufflé.
- 1/3 tablespoon butter (Azores)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 500 grams crab (cooked)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 55 yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 100 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 1/3 tablespoon mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 large egg
- chives (to taste)
- 1 salt (coffeespoon of)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 radishes
- 75 grams salad (iberian)
- 1/4 red onion (a medium)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lime juice (+zest)
- 1/3 fresh mozzarella ball
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- ground mustard (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a souffle pan with butter and cover it with breadcrumbs.
- Clean the crab from the skin and shell, sliver it, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the onion and the garlic, cooking until the onion is translucent.
- Dissolve the mustard and flour in water, and add to the onion/garlic mixture.
- Stirring constantly, add the hot milk gradually until you get a homogeneous cream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, for three to four minutes.
- Add the cheese and remove from the heat.
- Let it cool slightly, add the crab, egg yolks, and chives, and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, slowly mixing.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them gently to the filling.
- Put into the souffle pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash the radish, cut it in half, laminate it and attach it to the lettuce.
- In a frying pan, heat the hazelnuts until just toasted.
- Peel and cut the purple onion into small pieces and prepare the vinaigrette with olive oil, and the juice and zest of lime. Cover the salad with dressing, fresh mozzarella, and toasted hazelnuts.