- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 3 green onions (sliced finely)
- 1 red chili (large, deseeded and sliced finely)
- 2 teaspoons pickled ginger (sliced finely)
- 2 cucumbers (small, sliced finely)
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 sprigs cilantro leaves (fresh)
- 2 sprigs thai basil leaves (fresh)
- 2 shallots (peeled and sliced finely)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
- 1 pound crabmeat (fresh)
- 1/4 cup fried shallots (or onions, optional)
- lime dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut vinegar (or cider vinegar with a pinch of sugar)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- To make the dressing, mix the lime juice, coconut vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil and olive oil in small bowl.
- Next, assemble the salad in large bowl. Mix together the coconut flakes, green onion chili, ginger, cucumber, mint, cilantro, basil, shallot and lime leaves. Add the crab meat and gently fold in. Pour on the dressing and toss well, then refrigerate for half an hour to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Place on serving dishes and garnish with a scattering of fried shallots.