- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2-3 cm, grated)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 blue crabs
- 400 grams glutinous rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Finely chop 2 green (spring) onions and grate 2-3 cms of fresh ginger.
- Combine them with 4 tablespoons dry sherry and 3 tablespoons light soy sauce. Prepare three green blue swimmers crabs. Chop two of them into several pieces with a large knife or cleaver and crack the hardest pieces of the shell with a hammer. Crack the third crab thoroughly all over but do not chop up. Pour the sherry-soy sauce mixture over the crabs and leave to marinate for an hour. Wash 400 grams glutinous rice in several changes of water until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice into a saucepan and pour over it 1.5 L water. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In the bottom of a heatproof dish at least 12 cm deep and of a size to fit into your steamer, pack in the chopped crab pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Pour the rice over the top and pack it down. Press the intact crab into the top of the rice. To the marinade, add a further tablespoon soy sauce and a tablespoon oil, teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar. Pour over the crabs and rice.
- Put the dish in the steamer over boiling water and steam for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve. Diners deal first with the top crab, now half buried in rice, then fish around, for the rest of the crab pieces in rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.