Crab PateEL INVITADO DE INVIERNO
Made with both white and dark crab meat, this Crab Pate is full of rich seafood flavor and makes the perfect appetizer when served on mini toasts or accompanied by an artisan cracker tray. Use fresh crab for the best results. Hint for the chef, female crabs have both white and dark meat while male crabs have only dark meat. Seasoned with cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and nutmeg, this crab pate has a rich flavor that is enhanced by the later addition of dill.
- 40 grams crab meat (dark)
- 100 grams crab meat (white)
- 1 cayenne pepper (seeded and diced)
- 50 grams butter (room temperature)
- lemon juice
- ground nutmeg
- 50 grams butter (melted)
- fresh dill
- If using live crab, boil it, let it cool, and remove the meat. If it is female, it will have dark and white meat. If it is male, it will only have dark meat.
- In a mortar and pestle, crush the cayenne pepper then mix in the softened butter, lemon juice, and dark crab meat. Continue stirring and mashing until a paste has formed.
- Stir in the nutmeg and white crab meat. Mix well and salt to taste. It should have a strong taste because once preserved, the flavors will diminish some.
- Transfer the pate into a container and cover with the melted butter and dill.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve on toast.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories260Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes