Crab CorollasCasseroles et claviers
Delicate and crisp phyllo dough is formed into little pockets that are the base for a creamy and flavor-packed filling. Tender crab meat is mixed with mayonnaise, chives, cucumber, and lemon to create an irresistable filling. These savory treats make a great appetizer or game-day snack, the creamy filling and the crisp shell make the perfect combination of textures and flavors in each bite.
- 1 package phyllo dough
- olive oil
- 200 grams crab meat
- 1/4 cup chives (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cut the phyllo dough sheets into strips, then into squares.
- 3Brush the squares with olive oil using a brush.
- 4Using a mini-muffin or mini-cannele pan, place a square of phyllo dough in each space so that you can form a small corolla. If you cannot bake all the squares at once, keep them well packaged as the phyllo dough tends to dry quickly in the open air. Cook for 10 minutes or until small petals are golden brown.
- 5In a medium-sized bowl, gently mix the crab meat with finely chopped chives, lemon zest, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- 6Peel and seed the cucumber and cut it into sticks. Add the cucumber to the crab mixture and store in the refrigerator.
- 7When serving, garnish each corolla with a little crab and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.