Casseroles are perfect dishes for weeknights. You can cook it one night, and heat up portions for days. They are easy to make and comforting. This Crab Casserole recipe is savory, aromatic and hearty. Ingredients include broccoli, cheddar cheese, butter, onions, flour, salt, curry powder, milk, lemon juice, imitation crab meat, and bread crumbs. The family will love the creamy and dreamy dinner dish.
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup imitation crab meat (ground)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Steam the broccoli for about 7 minutes.
- Spray a baking dish with oil and place the broccoli in it. Spread the cheddar cheese on top of the broccoli.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of butter in a pan on medium heat. Stir the butter while adding flour, salt, and curry powder, then add the milk.
- Stir the ingredients for about 3 minutes, making sure that it acquires a thick consistency.
- Add the lemon juice and crabmeat to the pan and mix everything together.
- With a spoon, scoop up the crabmeat mixture from the pan, and place it in the baking dish. making sure to cover all of the broccoli and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and any remaining butter. Sprinkle this mixture onto the crabmeat.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and let it cook for 30 minutes until it bubbles slightly, and becomes a light brown color.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.