- 2 pounds imitation crabmeat
- 10 eggs (– beaten)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (– plain or Italian style)
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 bunch Italian parsley (– chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 oil
- 4 stalks celery (– chopped)
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 onion (medium, – chopped)
- cornmeal (for rolling the balls in)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic chili paste (tsp., or 1 desired hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 juice (lemon)
- Shred the crabmeat in a large bowl. Add the celery, onions, garlic, parsley and seasonings and mix together well.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, bread crumbs, 1 cup of cornmeal, buttermilk and the rice wine vinegar combine this together and then combine this with the crabmeat.
- Set the other cup of cornmeal in a dish. Roll the crabmeat mixture into desired size balls and then coat the crab balls in the cornmeal.
- Heat a large frying pan with about 1 inch of vegetable oil and 2 cloves of garlic. Carefully place the crab balls in the hot oil. When the balls become golden on one side, carefully turn them to become golden on the other side.
- Prepare a plate with paper towels to drain the crab balls.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix.
|Calories650Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.