- 1 package Shady Brook Farms® Turkey Breast Tenderloins (or approximately 1.4 lbs leftover whole turkey)
- 1 white onion (minced, reserve 2 tablespoons)
- 1 red bell pepper (minced, reserve 1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (+ 1 tsp.)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper (coarse)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 5 yellow peppers (seeded, diced)
- 2 potatoes (medium, peeled, diced)
- 15 ounces chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, sauté turkey, onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 7 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Add salt and pepper to desired flavor. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large stockpot on low. Sauté celery, carrot, garlic and 2 tablespoons onion for approximately 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add the yellow peppers, potatoes, stock, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Cool for 10 minutes, purée the soup in a food processor (or blender) until smooth and then transfer back to the pot to keep warm.
- Cut cooled turkey into bite-sized chunks, add to soup.
- In a small pan, sauté teaspoon olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon red bell pepper over medium heat until just softened.
- Ladle the soup into bread bowls and garnish with sautéed red pepper and grated Parmesan cheese.